PelTrade is a fast growing biomass trading business based in London. We source, ship, store and sell wood pellets and other products into the biomass energy markets in the UK and Western Europe in bulk vessels and containers.
We are looking for a highly organised and motivated Trader to support the growth of the business from our London office. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills as the role involves liaising with shipping companies, ports, suppliers and customers in different jurisdictions.
- Liaising with buyers, producers and internal supply team
- Supporting bulk chartering and documentation on bulk shipments
- Liaising with ports, agents and shipping companies
- Managing bulk warehouse positions
- Managing bi-weekly trading position & communicating with finance team
- Maintain relationships with key customers & partners
- Updating internal operating systems
- Review commercial contracts
- Weekly internal team update on market developments
- Ensure all sustainablity requirements are complete
- Weekly P&L reporting
- Exploration & development of new trade flows
- 3+ years of experience in bulk commodity trading
- Performance driven to succeed
- Detailed understanding of Incoterms and shipping terminolgy
- Exceptional written, verbal, phone and presentation skills
- Ability to quickly learn new processes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Docs and online presentation tools
- Ability to work under pressure, organise and prioritise
- Out-going, dynamic personality with a “can do” attitude to get the job done
The company offer many benefits such as a company bonus scheme, travel opportunities and regular social events.